GOOD TO KNOW...
Skin care serums are highly concentrated treatments that are designed to deliver active ingredients deep into your skin. They are an excellent addition to your daily skin care routine and can help to address various skin concerns, including fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and dullness. Follow these steps to incorporate skin care serums into your daily routine:
Step 1: Cleanse your skin
Begin by cleansing your skin thoroughly. This helps to remove dirt, makeup, and excess oil, allowing the serum to penetrate more deeply. Use a gentle cleanser that is suitable for your skin type.
Step 2: Tone
After cleansing, use a toner to balance your skin's pH levels. This helps to prepare your skin for the serum and helps it to absorb more effectively.
Step 3: Apply the serum
Take a small amount of serum into your fingertips and gently massage it into your skin. Start with your forehead and work your way down, covering your face and neck. Be sure to avoid the eye area if your serum is not designed for use in that area. Follow any specific instructions that come with your serum.
Step 4: Wait
Allow the serum to absorb fully before applying any other products. This usually takes a few minutes.
Step 5: Moisturize
After the serum has absorbed, apply your moisturizer to seal in the treatment and replenish your skin's moisture levels.
Step 6: Sunscreen
Lastly, layer your sunscreen on top of your skin care products to provide protection from UV rays before you head outdoors.
Most serums should be used once or twice daily, depending on your specific skin needs. Apply in the morning and evening, after cleansing and toning, but before moisturizing. With this routine, you are certain to achieve a youthful glow with healthy looking skin.
Step 1: Determine your skin type
The first step in using moisturizers is to determine your skin type. Skin types can be oily, dry, or a combination of both. Knowing your skin type will help you choose the appropriate moisturizer that will work best for you.
Step 2: Choose a moisturizer
There are different types of moisturizers depending on the ingredients and how they are formulated. Some moisturizers may be better suited for daytime use, while others may be better for nighttime use. Look for moisturizers that contain ingredients suitable for your skin such as hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and antioxidants.
Step 3: Cleanse your face
Before applying a moisturizer, it is important to cleanse your face properly. This will remove any dirt, makeup, or impurities that may be on your skin that can affect how well the moisturizer works.
Step 4: Apply the moisturizer
Use clean hands to apply the moisturizer to your face, neck, and décolletage. Gently massage the moisturizer into your skin using upward and outward strokes. Be sure to avoid rubbing too hard or pulling on your skin.
Step 5: Choose the right time to moisturize
It is important to moisturize your skin at the right time for the best results. Apply a moisturizer after you have cleansed your face and right after a shower or bath when your skin is still damp.
Step 6: Reapply the moisturizer
Moisturizers should be applied several times throughout the day, especially during harsh weather conditions such as cold or dry air. Reapply the moisturizer every 4-5 hours or as needed.
Step 7: Protect your skin
In addition to moisturizing your skin, use products that provide sun protection such as sunscreen. This will help prevent skin damage from harmful UV rays.
Using skincare moisturizers is an essential part of a daily skincare routine. Choosing the right moisturizer, applying it correctly, and using it at the right time can help keep your skin healthy, hydrated, and radiant.
Here's a general morning skincare routine that you can follow:
1. Cleanser: Start by cleansing your face with a gentle cleanser to remove any impurities, oil, and dirt accumulated overnight. Apply a small amount of the product on your palm, emulsify it with water, and massage it onto your face. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
2. Toner: Apply a toner to your face using a cotton pad or your fingertips. This helps balance your skin's pH level and prep your skin for the next steps in your routine.
3. Serums/treatments: Serums and treatments contain active ingredients that target specific skin concerns, such as dark spots, wrinkles, and acne. Apply a few drops of the serum onto your face and neck, gently massaging it in.
4. Eye cream: Apply a small amount of eye cream or gel to your under-eye area below the orbital bone using your ring finger.
5. Moisturizer: Apply a pea-sized amount of moisturizer onto your face and neck, massaging it until fully absorbed. This helps lock in moisture and keeps your skin hydrated throughout the day.
6. Sunscreen: End your routine by applying a sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to protect your skin from UV rays. Apply it onto your face and neck, ensuring full coverage.
Remember to wait at least 5-10 minutes between each step to allow the products to fully absorb into your skin before moving onto the next step. Enjoy!
The following is a general evening skincare routine that you can follow:
Step 1: Double cleanse.
Start your evening routine with double cleansing to remove any makeup, dirt, and oil that may have accumulated on your skin during the day. First, use an oil-based cleanser, massaging it into dry skin, then wipe clean with a damp washcloth. Follow up with a water-based cleanser, working it into a lather and rinsing thoroughly.
Step 2: Tone.
After cleansing, use a toner to rebalance the pH levels of your skin and remove any residual impurities. Apply the toner to a cotton pad and gently swipe it over your face and neck.
Step 3: Exfoliate.
Once or twice a week, exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover. Use a gentle exfoliator formulated for your skin type and follow the instructions on the product.
Step 4: Apply serum.
Serums contain active ingredients that penetrate deep into the skin to target specific concerns such as wrinkles, dark spots, or acne. Apply a small amount of serum to your face and neck, and gently massage it in.
Step 5: Apply eye cream.
The skin around your eyes is delicate and prone to fine lines and wrinkles. Use a lightweight eye cream to moisturize and reduce the appearance of under-eye circles and puffiness.
Step 6: Moisturize.
Hydrate your skin with a moisturizer that suits your skin type. Apply a small amount to your face and neck, massaging it in gently.
Step 7: Apply facial oil (Optional)
If you have dry or dehydrated skin, or live in a colder or drier climate, add a facial oil to your routine to lock in moisture and nourish your skin overnight. Apply a few drops to your face and neck and massage it in.
Step 8: Use a sleeping mask or night cream (Optional)
For an extra boost of hydration, treat yourself to a sleeping mask or night cream. Apply a thin layer to your face and neck before bed and wake up with plump, hydrated skin.
Remember to wait a few minutes between each step to allow the products to absorb and avoid overwhelming your skin with too many products at once. Also, don't forget to drink plenty of water and get enough sleep to support your skin's health from the inside out. Enjoy!
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS VEGAN?
Our skin care products are paraben-free, sulfate-free, silicone-free, talc-free, cruelty-free and vegan. Our products are made with natural and organic ingredients, however, are not certified all-natural or organic.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS FDA APPROVED?
Cosmetics are not registered with the FDA, but the FDA regulates cosmetics and their labeling. Claims that intended to affect/change structure of skin, hair or body are considered drug claims by the FDA. Any product with these claims will be considered not-approved drugs, and selling not approved drugs is illegal.
ARE YOUR INGREDIENTS REAL?
Our chemists leverage science, expertise and nature to deliver the most potent formulations in the skin care and beauty industry. Comprised of the highest quality ingredients sourced from around the world, our clinical-grade formulas are safe and effective.
WHAT TO USE AND NOT TO USE IN ORDER TO AVOID IRRITATION
- Retinol / Retinyl Palmitate ( Vitamin A ) – To prevent irritation do not combine with Salicylic Acid, Vitamin C, or use during the day. People with sensitive skin should take caution when trying out products with Vitamin A, such as our Wrinkle Recovery Serum or Restore Cream. Avoid usage when pregnant or nursing, and always contact your physician should you have any questions.
- Salicylic Acid – To prevent irritation do not combine with products including Retinol/Retinyl Palmitate, such as our Spot Cream. Avoid usage when pregnant or nursing, and always contact your physician should you have any questions.
WHY IS MY SKIN IRRITATED?
- Combining – Using improper products together may cause irritation or breakouts, for example, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- Diet – Too much sugar, gluten, and dairy may cause breakouts or flare-ups within the skin.
- Too Many Products – Incorporating too many new products in a routine should not be encouraged, instead, try utilizing one new product each month to stay on top of any irritation. Give your skin’s cell turnover a proper full cycle to adapt.
- Allergy – Unknown allergy within ingredients. Always patch test products before use and check each ingredient list found listed on all bottles/jars. If burning or itching occurs, stop usage. Slight tingling is normal for some ingredients.
- Application – When and how formulas are applied make all the difference, such as not rinsing off a cleanser fully or using a Vitamin A during the day. Always make sure to use proper application methods such as the ones listed above.
TRY ONE TODAY!
Our natural-based skin care line is perfect for all skin types, from oily to dry, and is designed to target common skin issues such as fine lines, dark spots, and dullness. Its non-greasy, fast-absorbing formula leaves your skin soft and smooth, without any stickiness or residue.